Matcha Green Tea Ice Cream
- 4 tbsp Matcha Green Tea Powder*
- 2 cups Milk
- 4 Egg Yolks
- 10g Sugar
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1/3 tsp Salt
- 20 ml Hot Water
- 30g Fresh Cream
- Not Applicable
- 1. Heat the milk in a pan to about 60°C. Remove from heat and set aside.
- 2. Beat the egg yolks. Add the sugar, cornstarch, salt and mix.Gradually pour in the heated milk and stir. Strain the mixture and pour it back into the pan.
- 3. Place the pan over a low flame and cook until the milk thickens.
- 4. Mix Matcha and hot water and stir briskly until the past become smooth.
- 5. In a bowl, whip the cream until semi-stiff, fold the milk and add matcha paste.
- 6. Pour into a metal container and place in the freezer to set.