Traditional Miso Soup
- 15g Wakame *
- 4 cups soup stock
- 4 tblsp brown rice or barley miso
- 1 stalk green onion
- 1/4 Block Tofu
- Not Applicable
Preparation of soup stock :
- 100ml Water
- 20cm Kombu
- 45g Bonito flakes
- 1. Bring the water to a boil. Add kombu and bonito flakes and keep boiling for a few minutes. Remove from heat and strain. This strained liquid is used for soup stock.
- 1. Soak dry wakame in water for 30 minutes, rinse and cut into narrow strips.
- 2. Cut tofu in small cubes. Chop green onions.
- 3. Heat soup stock. Add miso, and just before boiling, remove pan from heat.
- 4. Garnish soup with green onions, wakame and tofu. Serve warm.
Preparation of miso soup:
*Japanese Choice Related Products*