- 300g Sushi Rice*
- 4 Dried Shiitake Mushrooms*
- Sauce: (1 tbsp sake, 1 tbsp soy sauce*, 1tsp ground ginger)
- Sauce: (2 tbsp sake, 2tbsp mirin*,2 tbsp soy sauce*)
- 300 ml Dashi
- 150g Chicken Thighs
- 1/2 Carrot
- 150g Burdock Root
- 4 Chives
- Not Applicable
- 1. Wash the rice, drain. Cut the chicken in to 8mm cubes and marinate in for at least 10 mins.
- 2. Soak the Shiitake in 100ml water for 10 mins, remove the stems and cut into 6mm pieces and soak the burdock root in vinegared water.
- 3. Place the rice in a heavy-based pan and mix in . Add the remainder of the ingredients, then pour in the Dashi and Shiitake soaking water, befor cooking in the usual way ( click here « Cook Rice »)
- 4. Mix well when cooking is completed and serve garnished with chopped chives