Japanese Choice - Recipes
Mushroom and Arugula Futomaki
- 4 Dried Shiitake Mushrooms*
- 4 tsp Mirin Sauce*
- 2 tbsp Mushroom Soy Sauce*
- 2 Sheets of Nori Roasted Seaweeds*
- 125g Cooked Sushi Rice*
- 1 tsp Wasabi Paste*
- 2 tsp sugar
- 50g Arugula
- 1. Put Shiitake Mushrooms in boiling water and let soak for 10 mins. Remove from water , and rinse.
- 2. Cut Shiitake Mashrooms into strips.
- 3. Add Shiitake Mushrooms caps, sugar, mushrooms soy sauce and mirin to the saucepan and simmer for 10 mins
- 4. Rinse arugula, remove hard stems and chop leaves coarsely.
- 5. Place a sheet of nori on your mat. Spread rice of nori. Spread 1/2 tsp Wasabi on top.Arrange
- 6. Moisten knife, slice into 6 equal pieces.