Japanese Choice - Recipes
- 1/2 cup Mirin*
- 40g Tempura Flour Japanese Choice*
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 350g fresh prawns, peeled and deveined
- 20ml oil for deep frying
- 1. In a bowl, mix rice wine and salt. Place prawns into the mixture. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator at least 10 minutes.
- 2. Heat oil in deep-fryer or large wok to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- 3. Dip prawns into Tempura Flour Japanese-Choice to coat.
- 4. Place prawns in the hot oil.
- 5. Deep fry until golden brown on all sides, about 1 1/2 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to remove from oil. Drain on paper towels. Serve warm.